The following are readings I personally have found useful either as favorite examples of good craft and story telling or for research. Each is listed by title, along with author and the ISBN for the current edition.
Many of the copies I own or have read come from classes I attended in college or were found at my local library, meaning they may not be the current editions. In the case that my copy is not the most up to date version I will make a note of which version I have access to in case there have been any significant revisions since then. However, often there isn’t much change between one Edition to another, as I was often advised by professors that an older Edition would do fine. There were only a handful of times where the professor said that there had been significant changes and that the newest version was necessary.
- Humanity: An Introduction to Cultural Anthropology (11th Edition)
- James Peoples and Garrick Bailey
ISBN-13: 978-1337109697ISBN-10: 133710969X
- My copy is 9th Edition. Uncertain of any significant revisions.
- Conformity and Conflict: Readings in Cultural Anthropology (15th Edition)
- David W. McCurdy, Diana Shandy, and James Spradley
ISBN-13: 978-0205990795ISBN-10: 0205990797
- My copy is 14th Edition and didn’t have Diana Shandy’s name on the cover. There is a good chance that there were some significant additions or revisions to the 15th Edition.